ECOTEC is a process exclusive of Marchi & Fildi which transforms pre-consumer clippings (production waste from weaving and knitting companies) into new beautiful, colorful yarns.
All of the yarns have huge savings in the impact they have on the environment, up to:
- 56,3% reduction on greenhouse effect
- 56,6% in energy savings
- 77,9% in water consumption throughout the complete process
These numbers are based on the LCA (life cycle assessment, certified by ICEA) which compare our ECOTEC yarns to a similar product made with virgin materials.
The certifications held by our ECOTEC products include:
– BCI (Better Cotton Initiative)
– GRS (Global Recycled Standard)
– LCA (life cycle assessment)
– Oeko-Tex 100
– Certified Quality System Company ISO 9001:2015 (Marchi & Fildi)
– TF (traceability & Fashion)
– Tessile & salute (Textile and health promoted by the Italian ministry of health)